Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend in Albuquerque!

So this weekend the girls and I decided to pick up and head out to Albuquerque for Friday and Saturday and just have some fun! The BYU football team was coming into town and they were having a fireside for all of the members in the area on Friday, and then they had a game against UNM on Saturday. I am not a BYU fan, but I do take every chance to get out of Las Vegas, even if it's just for a little while. Ashley's mom was nice enough to get us all a hotel room to stay in on Friday night, so we put eight girls into that one room.
Storie and I on our way to the fireside!

Friday after classes we headed to Albuquerque and both cars met up at the hotel and then we decided to go out and get some ice cream at Coldstone. I hadn't been to Coldstone in over three months, and it tasted SO good. Then we went back and got ready in the hotel for the fireside! The fireside that night was incredible. There were two speakers from the team and the coach and his wife both spoke. They also had two musical numbers- one was by the wide receivers on the team where they sang "Elders of Israel" (I think that's what it's called), and then the entire team stood and sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth". It was such a good fireside! Needless to say, after seeing those guys and how strong they were, it is definitely harder to be a Utah fan and cheer against BYU. :) They really did such a great job and as much as I don't want to admit it, they are all great people. I really enjoyed hearing from them!
After the fireside, we found the Albuquerque Temple and it was really pretty, so we spent the rest of the night taking pictures outside of there.


We all took turns taking pictures in front of the temple.


Then we took a group shot! (L to R- Hutch, Amber, Storie, Kramer, and I)

The next day was the BYU vs. UNM football game, and that was so much fun! The tickets we got were actually in a UNM section, so that was pretty funny. There were a lot of people yelling at us, but we just joked around with them and they turned out to be pretty nice! Well... BYU played really crappy, but after a missed PAT, 2 field goals that hit the post, and a blocked field goal all by UNM, BYU won 24-19. Then after the game, it was time to head back to Las Vegas. It was a fun weekend. I love all of the girls that I had the chance of meeting by coming to New Mexico. They are all a great group of girls and we have so much fun together (even in New Mexico!). I am lucky that I had the opportunity to become so close with all of them. :)


Storie, Amber, and I (aka the Tripods) ready to leave for the game!

All of the girls in the hotel room before we headed out!

2 comments:

  1. ok so funny. the last three pictures I was like, "That looks like a Nicole pose...that is a total Kelsey pose...that is a total me pose." lol. I love it. Sounds like you guys had a blast. I'm glad you've had some great friends down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one is my pose? The second to last? haha Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend even though you've gone over to the dark side now. I can't even freakin wait to see you at Christmas. I come home in 1 more month!!! :) Let's skype sometime no battle. Love you!

    ReplyDelete