Sunday, April 29, 2012

I told you so.

No, I'm not saying that to you, that is what Matthew is saying to ME. He told me I'd "come around". He told me I just needed to give it a chance. He told me... I would become obsessed. I have always wanted to think I'm a runner, but I just could never do it. I hated it. I felt better about running one mile as fast as I could than trying to tough out 5 miles at snail speed. Well... needless to say, I think I am obsessed. I don't look at working out with as much dread, rather, I wake up every day thinking "when am I going to run today?" I think I am becoming obsessed. One mile, even two miles, just isn't good enough anymore; I get grumpy when I don't run (because some days you do other things or rest); and even if I hurt, I can't wait until my next run. So here are some reasons I love running. (P.S. can also be used as why people love working out in general. Everyone has their thing, mine is just starting to be running...)

1-
(Photo courtesy of Pinterest, of course!)

 Isn't it so true? Running helps me run off the stress of school, the frustration of work, the fear of the unknown (which there is beginning to be a lot of nowadays in our house), everything! It is an hour where I can get out, get some fresh air, and just... RUN! Haha It's pretty exhilarating! I come home with a new desire and motivation to get things done. It also gives me more energy to actually do those things, so that is good because energy is what I need most days!

2- It is something that Matthew and I can SHARE now. Let's face it, running was always "Matt's thing". I mean, it still is because he is SO much better than me, but I have really enjoyed the days where we get to do it together. He has taught me so much about it and it makes it so much more than just running! He talks to me the whole time, and even though I want to punch him in the face sometimes, I love it. I love that it is something we can do together and it is a good way to spend time together while still "getting things done". Need to deposit a check at the bank? Why not just run there and get 2 things done at once! Haha I truly love it when I get to run with him
Side story: I ran a 5K this past Saturday with Nicole, Matt, Trisha, and my boss, and Nicole was getting SO frustrated with how much I was talking (Matt has worn off on me more than I thought!). I realized that I used to be the same way when Matt would tell me what to do when I run, but now I do it and can bother others! Haha I guess I'll have to just talk to myself from now on because Nicole wanted to punch me. :)

3- I feel AWESOME afterwards!

(Another good Pinterest find)
I love that picture too. I can get side-aches, blisters, and straight up feel like I want to DIE during a run, but I never regret it afterwards! It is truly something that has boosted my self-esteem, made me a happier person, and helped me deal with the stress of finals, graduating, and, again, the uncertainty of our lives right now. (Can you tell that I HATE uncertainty?? Well... I do.)

Ok, so I'll just do the top 3 things I've been thinking about. :) I have finals to study for anyway. Haha but I have to get up to 7 miles this weekend. I am pretty excited. Ever since I ran 6 miles last Saturday (not yesterday) I hit the milestone of "longest I have ever run", so I will hit it every weekend afterwards. We will get up to 9 miles before doing the half, so it's kind of scary/exhilarating that I'm already approaching 7!! AHH!!! 

Anyway, finals are this week and graduation is on Saturday! AHHH!!! I will try to do a post next Sunday because I know I won't have any time after that. My schedule for the 4 weeks following graduation will be:

7:30 AM- 2 PM (no breaks): SCHOOL
3 PM- 8 PM: Work
8:15-9:00ish: Run :)
9:00-bed: Husband time/Homework

Yeah... Maybe I'll find some time to eat and sleep in there... Who knows! Pray for me! Haha I wish graduation was an actual end, but I will survive. I am still super excited! I am almost done!  I am glad I can finish school in just 4 weeks this summer so I can enjoy the rest of it. YAY! On top of all of that, Matt and I are moving a week after graduation, so that will add some stress and excitement.Wish me luck. :) 

Until next time... 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! As for the uncertainty, been there! (and sort of in the same place right now again) but it gets better! Have faith, push through it (looks like you've got that one down!) and before you know it, it'll be over! Good luck and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like you need to take a break and come out to colorado. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are doing awesome! I think I am officially obsessed also. I did my longest run (over 5 miles) last week and I can't wait to get up to 7. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete