Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Beginning!

Ok, so here I am again! YAY! My once every three months post! :) Well... Quick catch-up: Matt and I are doing fabulous. Life is great and we have really enjoyed our first year of marriage together. We haven't quite completed a year yet, but we are getting up there! We are currently both still attending school (Matt isn't quite attending, he just shows up on test days) and both of us will graduate in May. I will be the only one who actually walks because Matt walked last year (see picture below), but I still have 3 classes to take in the summer. I will take all of those classes in the 4-week semester in May (everyday, 7:30 AM-2:00 PM for four weeks... gross!) And then... DONE! I am so excited. Not to toot my own horn, but I am so excited that I have been able to finish college in 3 years. I loved college and loved the experiences that I was faced with, but I feel as though Matthew and I are ready to move on into the next phase of our lives and see what comes next!
(Matthew and I when he "graduated" last year!)

Speaking of the future, here's what is to come: Matthew is taking the MCAT day after tomorrow... BAH!!! I think I am more nervous than him. Mainly because I have no control over anything. The funny thing is, me having no control is actually a good thing. Matthew is honestly the smartest person I know. He is incredible. I don't know how that kid knows SO much, but he does! It blows my mind most days. I can ask him any random question and he usually knows the answer. So anyway, he has been studying hard for that and I think he will do really well. Regardless, I will be spending all day Friday praying and trying to keep my mind off of it. :) Any other outside prayers would be fabulous!

Graduation is on May 4th and then we are looking at moving out the next weekend! Hooray!! No more student housing!! :) I am really excited, our new apartment is nicer than our current one (dishwasher included, praise the heavens!) and our rent is actually cheaper! The REALLY nice part (yes, maybe better than the dishwasher) is the fact that gas is included! That will save us A LOT of money in the winter, and we can maybe turn on the heat just a little more next winter. :)

So after May passes (and pray for the sake of my sanity that it passes quickly), we will have our Anniversary in June! I have no idea what we are going to do for that yet, but we haven't even taken any time to think about it. I have, however, taken some time to think about an anniversary gift... I obviously can't talk about it here. Did you know the first anniversary is the year of paper?? I had no idea, but how lame is that?? Haha I already made him a calendar for Christmas! I really screwed up that one, but I think my idea will be fun. The weekend after our Anniversary is Matt's birthday, June 9th, and on that very same day we are... running the freaking Bear Lake Half Marathon! What a joke, right? Ugh... I have always wanted to run a half marathon, but I've never signed up for one which means I've never seriously trained for one and I've always been content with just running about 3 miles a day. Well... It's official, folks! I am signed up and I've paid my $55! I HAVE to run it! (Look how hard core we are in the picture below... We can pretend, right?)

So anyway, Matthew and his sister, Trisha, are both runners and they decided they were going to do it and I just went for it and signed up myself! Well.. The next day I got to work... No, not running, who do you think I am! I called my sister Nicole and told her to sign up with me! (Hey, if I'm going down, I'm taking everyone within reach down with me!) Well... Nicole was scared but she REALLY wanted to do it. I all but got her to sign up right then. Then I half-jokingly invited my sister Angie. I say half-jokingly because she lives in Denver. Well... long story short, we convinced her too!! AHHH!!! So then Nicole sent out an e-mail and harassed my sister-in-law, Ang, and I harassed my brother, Josh, and I'm pretty sure we've convinced them too! I seriously can't tell you how excited I am! I am just so impressed by the amount of people who have stepped up and said "Ok, I'm just going to do it!" It is SO motivating for me! We have all decided that we will literally run it together and we have developed a "No sister left behind" motto. Of course, that has led to the idea of matching tank tops and all that good stuff that I will show later. We will definitely have to say "No sister left behind... unless you're pregnant" because I have two sisters who are pregnant and not able to run it with us...

So I apologize now, if running or working out isn't your thing, my blog probably won't be either for the next couple of months (if I ever post again). I am determined to become a runner. I want to talk about my ups and downs and my workouts and the times when I freaking rock it and the times when I puke or feel like pushing my "trainer" husband into the road (trust me, the first few days have already consisted of all of these). But I think it's fun. I truly believe ANYONE can run (obviously, there are always exceptions, so don't think I'm saying you should still be able to run if you have serious physical problems that make it so you literally can't run). Our bodies were made to run and I don't believe anyone that says it's bad for you. Anyone can run a 5K, but I also believe ANYONE can run/finish a half marathon! (If you don't believe me, check out Lauren from "The Biggest Loser", she got voted off this season and ran a half marathon afterwards, she still weighed well over 200 pounds!) So... That's my soapbox. I will run a half marathon and my goal is to do just that RUN a half marathon. I don't want to walk and I will be disappointed in myself if I do. So there ya have it, folks. If I continue to stay bored tonight, I will probably post about how training has gone so far this week. Heck, if you want to train along with me, let me know! We have a whole excel spreadsheet of every workout we will be doing until the race! Until I post again... :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little offended you didn't even ask me. Not that I would've done it but still... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Kel. :( I didn't know if it would be BETTER to invite you or WORSE. I added in a sentence with you. Do you want me to make a shirt for you too and then you can come watch us. It'll say "Being pregnant is harder than running a half marathon any day" because that's probably true... Haha people would probably laugh if they saw that. :)

      Delete