Friday, February 19, 2010

President's Day Weekend!

(The whole gang ready to go on Saturday morning!)
I love long weekends!! This past weekend I went home for President's Day and it was so much fun! Angie and Keith came out from Denver, Nicole and Jeremy came down from Logan too (and even though I see them all the time, it's still always so much fun!), and Dustin and Kaley stayed at my parent's house too. I love getting together with the family, and we always have a ton of fun together!

Friday night I got in and not even 10 minutes later we were headed for the U of U gymnastics meet. Who were they going against? None other than the Utah State Aggies! That was a lot of fun. Utah obviously won, but I can accept that. I'd like to see a basketball game! :)

Saturday morning we all woke up and went out to breakfast at IHOP. That was a lot of fun. Josh came with Braxton, and it was way good to see them again too! I can't believe how old Braxton is getting, it is pretty insane! But that was a lot of fun. Then we headed to Ogden to go SNOWBOARDING!! It was my first time ever, and I was so nervous! People kept telling me their first time was miserable and not any fun and stuff like that, but I LOVED it. I had so much fun even though I wasn't really any good.
Luckily I had some pretty awesome teachers! Kelsey, Kaley, and I were all going for the first time, and everyone was so patient with us and took the time to help us learn the basics. They were awesome. Jeremy and Keith both went on the lift with me to make sure I got off ok. There were a couple of nightmare times when I decided to go by myself, but I survived! I missed getting on with Keith and Angie one time and that was hilarious, so I went by myself. Some other times I just went by myself, and I think I only stayed standing one time. Kind of depressing, but I'm over it! I hit my head on the lift one time, but it was just funny.
Nicole and Angie both took the time to help us stand up and helping us learn how to get a feel for the snowboard. This picture of Nicole and I was actually taken at a hilarious time. She was trying to teach me how to be on my front edge so I could start carving and we had a couple of special moments. My board got caught on top of hers and we were stuck for quite a while before I figured out how to get off of it. We had a lot of laughs and it was just a lot of fun and I would never describe it as miserable!
Thanks to some awesome and patient teachers, I finally started to learn how to carve! I was MUCH better at going from my front edge to my back edge (yes, I am aware that is the easiest way), but I was pretty proud of that accomplishment! That picture was actually taken when I was celebrating doing it. Usually when I celebrated I would catch my front edge and face plant which was always hilarious. I'm not sure if it happened that time...


So after a long day snowboarding, we headed home and had some dinner and spent the rest of the night with my parents and we all crashed early that night! Sunday was pretty simple and we just went to church, ate dinner, and then chilled at home the rest of the night. I went over and visited the Hansen's at one point too. That was so much fun and it was way good to see all of them again! We always end up just talking for hours! It was great.

Monday was time to wake up and head back to school and home for everyone else. I went to Village Inn and saw my friends for a little bit and that was a lot of fun! Megan made a slideshow of all of the pictures of the 5 of us from middle school until now. It was so fun to watch that and I loved it! We have all grown up together basically and I love those girls! It was just a great weekend and I love my family and friends!

Sidenote: The weekend before this one, Jaynee and Megan came up to Logan to see me and we all went to see DEAR JOHN! I was going to go down that weekend so we could all go see it together, but I don't have a car and no one was going home, so I had to stay. So they decided to make a trip up and it was SO great to see them again! I love those girls! I absolutely loved Dear John too and I cried pretty much the whole time! It was awesome. It was way different from the book in pretty much every way, but I accepted that and still ended up loving it. So... Life is good!! :)

(Me, Megs, and Jane before heading out to see Dear John! Love these girls...)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I had so much fun with you guys! Love the pictures too. Can't wait for you to come up with a reason to come out to Denver and see me!

    ReplyDelete