Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Break! (If you can even call it that...)

So Utah State has one thing going against it and that is the length of its fall break. Seriously? Only one day off? That's kind of a joke and hardly anytime to really get a break. Nonetheless, Matthew and I decided to make it worth it somewhat. Our friends, Justin and Jessica invited us to go to Lagoon with them about a week ago, but we figured we couldn't go because we both had to work. On Thursday morning, Matthew found out that he got Friday afternoon off, so we figured if I could find someone to cover my shift, we might as well go! Well... after making a few phone calls and having an awesome coworker and manager working it out for me, I got it off! So we got to go to Lagoon when I hadn't been there in forever!

Jessica, Justin, me, and Matthew in line for Colossus

Well, after helping my sister with a minor emergency (she loosened a pipe in her kitchen and the result was water everywhere. She was home alone with 2 kids and since she was stuck holding the pipes together, she had no one else to turn the water off. The result was Matthew and I driving over there to help her out. haha) we met Justin and Jessica and headed out. We got in for half price, but the only way we got the deal was by entering at 5 PM for Frightmares. So we showed up and were determined to make it worth it (the result was us literally running from ride to ride like children). It was so much fun!

Matthew and I after getting into the park

The good news is, we made it onto all of the rides we wanted! We didn't make it to the Rocket in time, but we decided beforehand that wasn't a priority. The longest line we waited in was for the Samurai, of course, but it was SO worth it! I love that ride... Since I hadn't been to Lagoon in FOREVER, I had never been on the ride "Wicked" before. Holy. Crap!! That ride was a blast. You shoot off, go straight up, straight down (and I was in the front), through corkscrews, and just SO fast! My eyes leaked the entire time and I had tear streaks on the side of my face after it was over. I loved it!

The best ride of the day!

During one of our "breaks" from the ride, Matthew decided to spend $2 to have some lady try to guess his weight. He was convinced there weren't very many people that can actually guess how much he weighs. Can you blame him though? I couldn't do it! Well... He was right, the lady had NO idea what to guess because he is so tall but so skinny, and he won a little stuffed dog! Of course he didn't care what he got, so he let me choose the color and everything, so I chose the bright pink one! (surprise, surprise...)

The new addition to our family :)

All in all, it was a way fun night. We got hot chocolate and food afterward on our way back to Logan. Jessica and I of course fell asleep on the ride home, so Matthew and Justin just got to chat the whole way. I was glad we got to take advantage of the ONE DAY we got off instead of just working. And I am getting better at taking pictures of what we do, AND better at blogging! YAY! :)

On another note... STORIE BETH IS MARRIED!!!! AHHH!!! On Wednesday, I got to go down and go to Storie's wedding and reception and it was such a great day! I hadn't met Jared before, which made me so sad, but I love him already! He is so great! Their ceremony was beautiful, Storie looked gorgeous, and we are excited to add another enthusiastic couple to our little group! Friends forever? I think so...

Storie and Jared coming out of the temple

So stinkin cute!!

Best Friends Forever!!

There's the three of us... Met Fall of 2009 playing soccer in New Mexico and now 2 years later in Fall of 2011 we are all MARRIED! We never would have thought that we would all be married within 4 months of each other, but it has been such a fun and exciting summer for all of us. I love them and I love their husbands and I hope we have a fun, lifelong friendship together!

Jaynee also got married on the 15th of October. I forgot my camera, which makes me so sad, but she looked BEAUTIFUL!! I got to go to her ceremony, luncheon, and reception that day and it was so much fun! I am so happy for them, but so sad that they will be in Cedar, so far away from us... Happy weddings though!! What a fun time of our lives, I am so happy for all of my friends, and even happier that they have all chosen to be married in the temple!! Happy, happy times! All is well here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment