Thursday, June 6, 2013

2 years down, and forever to go! :)

Happy Anniversary, my love!!
Such a perfect day!
Ok, so I'm a few days late, AND I haven't blogged in forever, but I'm working on it. I have a post in the works, but I need to write for my SECOND anniversary. On our anniversary, I didn't do too much besides reminisce about the past 2 years and especially June 4, 2011. I went running in the morning (something Matthew and I love to do together) and then I sat down to eat breakfast. While eating, I watched our wedding video... TWICE. I am still a hopeless romantic. I love it. I love everything about weddings, especially MY wedding. It was the most perfect day of my entire life. I can't really think of anything I would have changed. Even the weather was PERFECT that day! Literally everything was PERFECT, and I am so glad I have a video that I can giggle through that brings back all of the feelings from that beautiful day and pictures from our entire dating history. Each picture has so many memories and most of them make me laugh my head off. Nothing beats the live video from our wedding day though. It lets me go back in time and feel all of the same feelings I had on that day.

So in love with this man...
 I did have a major realization while watching my wedding video though... I had no idea what I was getting myself into on June 4, 2011. I had no idea what love even was on that day! I feel like our love on that day was merely scratching the surface of what it COULD be in the grand scheme of things. I don't think our love today is near perfect, but I also can't believe how much stronger it is today than it was 2 years ago. We have been through some tough stuff this year, but we have also had some incredible accomplishments. With each failure and each accomplishment, our love only grows. I love Matthew more than my words could EVER describe. He literally is my best friend and I don't know that I could ever live without him in my life.

Isn't he so good looking!?
 This is a super mushy post, but it is true what they say.... Absence does make the heart grow fonder! Matthew is at Air Force training this month, and I missed him way bad on our anniversary. I felt like it was a huge day for me, but no one else really feels the same significance as Matthew and I do, which is understandable! I did get to talk to him for a little bit that night, as I do every night, and that made things a little better. He is doing SO good, guys. He is such a stud and he literally has success written all over him. He is such a hard worker and I don't know how I got so lucky. He tells me cute things, makes me laugh so hard, and always makes everything seem right in the world.

We're so cute, right?? :)
 Marriage is such a big deal. I feel like I always kind of down-played it. I loved the idea of a wedding and was so excited for mine. Only when I met Matthew and we started getting more serious did I realize what a huge deal it was. And even though it is a huge deal.. It was actually one of the easiest decisions I have ever made in my life. I literally just knew he was perfect for me in every way and I could live with him. What I didn't realize, however, is as time has gone on, the "ability to live with him" has truly turned into feeling like I can't live without him.


So, just to wrap this up... As if there was any question as to how much I love my husband... Rest assured, I love him VERY much. More than probably anything else in this world. We may not be perfect (I, for one, am far from it), but we definitely accept each other's imperfections. We work together, make decisions together, and we have a love that can't be beat! We're going to be together forever, and that's all there is to it. I am so grateful that we were sealed in the temple. It was so special to me to be able to have Matthew's grandpa perform our sealing. Every time I go to a family sealing now, I get to hear him perform that ordinance again and all of the memories come rushing back. That is such a special opportunity that I had that not very many other people get to have.

Love you, Matthew! Here's to eternity!
I am so proud of my air force officer, soon-to-be doctor, and I can't wait for year 3!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that was so sweet. You two are pretty adorable, I must say :) I'm so glad that you are so happy and that you have a very best friend to go through life's up and downs. I know I'm so grateful for my best friend! Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete