Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Landon is ONE!!

Oh my goodness, I blinked and it happened! My baby boy turned one! I am still in denial. I swear every day that he is not old enough to be doing the things he is doing. He is growing up so fast. His developmental milestones still amaze me. It has been so much fun watching him learn and explore and just figure things out.

I am such a lucky mama. Landon is the sweetest little boy in the world. His smile shows on his entire face, and I swear his eyes have a little twinkle too. He has this belly laugh that is so contagious. He loves his dad so much! He always crawls to Matt's study room and bangs on the door, begging to be let in. Matt and I are both suckers and give in to him far more than we should. He just has this face when he wants something, I can't resist it! He is such a friendly boy who will usually smile at anyone, and he even gives "five" now!

At one year old Landon...
  • Is a speedy crawler! I'm still convinced he can walk already, but he's a chicken and lowers himself down.
  • Weighs 24 lbs.
  • Is 31" tall
  • Wears size 24 mo.
  • Almost made it a full year without any trips to the doctor (besides his well child visits). Story to come later
  • Waves when you say hi, bye, and goodnight. It's a super adorable hand wave and not a full arm wave anymore
  • Loves clapping when he knows he does something good
  • Comes to get a kiss when he sees matt and I give each other a kiss
  • Eats like a crazy kid! I actually bought him his own cheeseburger the other night when we went out to eat. I couldn't believe that we are basically past the point of just sharing our food with him... Apparently he needs his own!
  • Has 2 teeth completely in on bottom and the other 4 coming in on top. 3 are broken through finally. He went so long with only 2 teeth, I wondered if he even had any more!
  • Loves going for walks and being outside. Whenever he is being grumpy, I just load him in his stroller and we walk and it cheers him right up! He's a great running buddy (as long as matt is pushing the stroller.) 
  • Dances whenever we turn music on. He loves being in primary with mom during singing time.
  • Loves "going on a lion hunt"
I'm sure there is so much more, but that's all I've got for right now! This little guy has made me such a happy mama! I love spending my days with him and can't wait to see what year 2 has in store. I just wish he would stop growing up so dang fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment